Photo Credit: Chris Wellhausen, Winter Park
Winter Park Resort is kicking off its 2021 summer season on Saturday, June 19, 2021. The famed Trestle Bike Park, Colorado’s longest Alpine Slide, and Winter Park’s Scenic Gondola will all open for summer adventure starting this weekend.
Trestle Bike Park is home to more than 40 miles of purpose-built downhill mountain bike trails, and is host to the USA Cycling 2021 National Mountain Biking Championships this July. Trail crews have been working hard since the snow melted and will have top-to-bottom routes open and ready for two wheels starting this Saturday. Trestle riders should check and follow all resort signage indicating which trails are currently open. Certain trails may be closed for conditions and/or safety precautions.
If downhill mountain biking isn’t your thing, Winter Park Resort has plenty of other activities for kids of all ages, whether adrenaline junkies or serenity seekers. Among Winter Park’s summer activities are:
- Colorado’s longest Alpine Slide: Returning this year, take a scenic ride up the Arrow Chairlift for a return trip down 3,000 feet of smooth track on the Alpine Slide. Sliders can moderate their own speed, choosing to take it fast or slow.
- Guided hikes across the slopes of Winter Park Resort: Grab a pack, plenty of water, and your camera for a high-alpine scenic feast. Winter Park Resort has several hike-only trails ready to explore on your own or with a guide.
- Scenic Gondola for up-close-and-personal views of the Continental Divide: Head up the Gondola to 10,000 feet for endless mountain vistas and relaxation and happy hour select Fridays & Saturdays from 4-7pm on the decks of Sunspot Mountain Lodge.
- E-bike tours for a new perspective on two wheels: Guided e-bike tours give visitors another way to explore Winter Park’s summertime slopes.
- Guided hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP): Book a local guide to explore Rocky Mountain National Park, just a short 40-mile drive from Winter Park Resort to the less-crowded west entrance of RMNP. The Park is requiring timed entrance reservations this summer, but booking a guide through Winter Park Resort allows visitors to bypass the reservation system and includes admission for one vehicle.
For a full list of activities or to book tours, tickets and guides, visit www.winterparkresort.com.
Winter Park Resort is nestled just west of the Continental Divide, promising fresh mountain air, scenic alpine beauty and an authentic Colorado mountain experience for adventurers of all types. There are stashes of wildflowers, dirt trails and rugged high-alpine boulder fields…all waiting to be discovered and explored. Whether visitors are hard-charging, hitting craggy trails on two wheels, or they’re more low-key exploring on two feet, Winter Park, Colo., is a summertime adventure headquarters.