Howelsen Hill, located in downtown Steamboat Springs, offers affordable skiing and snowboarding for all levels. On any given day you can find present and future Olympians training at Howelsen.
- Annual Snowfall: 150.0in / 381cm
- Area: 50 acres
- Base Elevation: 6696 ft / 2036 m
- Summit Elevation: 7136 ft / 2170 m
- Hours of Operation: Mon CLOSED Tues-1pm-6pm, Wed-1pm-8pm, Thur-1pm-8pm, Fri-1pm-6pm, Sat & Sun-10am-4pm
- Season Dates: November 2015—March 2016
- Address: 845 Howelsen Parkway Steamboat Springs, CO, 80477
- Main Phone Number : 970-879-8499
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closest Airport: Yampa Valley Regional HDN
- Miles from Denver: 162
Best Known For
Howelsen is the oldest continuously operating ski area in Colorado, running since 1915, and has the largest and most complete natural ski-jumping complex in North America. Howelsen Hill is also the home of the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, the oldest ski club west of the Mississippi, and provides training in alpine, nordic, freestyle, and snowboarding for beginners to Olympians.