Flight For Life - Copper Mountain - Curtis DeVore
Mark your calendars once again for the largest and most fun safety event of the season at Copper Mountain’s 11th annual Safety Fest presented by Nokian Tyres Jan. 18-19. As part of the National Ski Area Association’s (NSAA) Safety Awareness Month, Copper Mountain welcomes skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts to a weekend of education, prizes and more.
From Saturday, Jan. 18 to Sunday, Jan. 19, Eagles Landing in Copper’s Center Village will transform into Safety Village with Nokian Tyres, Woodward Copper, US Forest Service, Summit Huts Association, ThinkFirst-St. Anthony, CMC Snow Science Program and many more partners on hand to provide information about slope safety, winter driving, backcountry awareness and Copper’s safety initiatives.
In addition to the Safety Village open from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. each day, a variety of activities are scheduled throughout the weekend:
- Nokian Tyres Green Tire Giveaway: Win a set of Nokian Tyres on Saturday by following along on Copper’s Instagram or Facebook stories as clues are shared on where the green tire may be hidden on the mountain.
- Flight for Life helicopter tour: At 10 a.m. on Saturday, meet the pilot and medics at the top of the Excelerator lift outside Patrol Headquarters and get a tour of Copper’s air-transport helicopter.
- Copper Avalanche Dogs in action: On Saturday and Sunday, watch Fido search and find a buried avalanche victim. Takes place at 11 a.m. in Center Village and 12:30 p.m. in West Village.
- Avalanche Airbag Demonstration: At 2 p.m. each day, meet at the CMC Snow Science booth in the Safety Village to watch an avalanche airbag demonstration.
- Close the mountain with Ski Patrol: Ever wonder how ski patrol “sweeps” and closes the mountain? Sign up at the Junior Ski Patrol booth and spend the afternoon clearing the slopes with the professionals.
- Daily raffle prize giveaways: Guests who visit each safety tent will be entered into a daily prize drawing at 3:30 p.m. in Burning Stones Plaza. Top prizes include 2 nights lodging, season pass, parking passes, tubing, ski tunes, helmets, restaurant gift cards and more.
- Free hot cocoa: stop by Timberline Ski Patrol during the month of January. Get some insider tips from ski patrol as you sip your cocoa!
- New Tobaggan Races: Guest toboggan races at 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. in Eagles Landing. Grab a friend and see who can be the fastest pulling their friend across the snow for prizes.
For a full schedule of activities and events as part of Safety Fest, visit coppercolorado.com.
About Copper Mountain:
Located just 75 miles west of Denver, Colo. in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, Copper Mountain Resort is an ideal vacation destination with a laid-back and inclusive vibe that represents the best of Colorado. Three pedestrian-friendly village areas provide a vibrant atmosphere with lodging, retail outlets, restaurants, bars and family activities. During the winter months, Copper’s naturally-divided terrain offers world-class skiing and riding for all ages and abilities. Each summer, the mountain transforms into an unspoiled playground for hikers, mountain bikers and those seeking a genuine Colorado experience. Copper Mountain Resort boasts curated events year-round and is home toWoodward Copper – a lifestyle and action sports progression center. Copper Mountain is part of thePOWDR Adventure Lifestyle Co. portfolio, a family-owned company that believes there is nothing better for your soul than to spend time with the people you love, doing the things you love