With the holiday season fast approaching, the pressure is on to find the perfect gift for every loved one on your list. If you’re shopping for a skier or snowboarder, you’re in luck. We’ve compiled a list of the best gifts to the give the snow sports enthusiast in your life.
Give the Gift of Skiing or Riding
If you’d like to give your lucky loved one the gift of skiing, there are several Ski Country options to get them on the slopes having the time of their life.
- A Season Ski Pass. With the holidays approaching, many die-hard skiers have already decided on a pass. But if your gift recipient doesn’t have a season pass yet, consider springing for their season lift tickets. Season passes vary in price, and some skiers prefer multi-mountain season passes with more flexibility while others stick to their favorite resort all season. Be sure to check with your skier or snowboarder before you pull the trigger on this gift.
- A Gems Card. This is a great option for any Colorado skier or rider, even if they’ve already purchased a ski pass. A Gems Card provides either two 2-for-1 lift tickets or two 30% off lift tickets at each of the ten Colorado Gems Resorts. Give your loved one the gift of discounted lift tickets at Colorado’s best hidden treasures. And at only $25, this holiday gift is a steal.
- A Skiing or Riding Lesson. Whether your loved one is a beginner or an expert, a child or an adult, professional instruction is the best way to improve your skiing or riding ability. The recipient of this gift will be thrilled for the opportunity to hone their skills and tweak their technique for even better days on the slopes.
- Colorado Ski Country Passport: If your skier or snowboarder is in 5th or 6th Grade, consider the Passport program. 5th graders can enjoy 3 days of skiing at 22 ski areas completely free! Your 6th grader can have 4 days at the same 22 resorts for only $125. You can register until January 31, 2018.
Gear Gifts for Your Skier or Rider
As any passionate skier or rider will tell you, it’s impossible to have too much gear. Ripping the wrapping paper off one of these ski gear choices will warm the heart of anyone ready to hit the slopes.
- Ski Tuning Kit or Ski Tune. Keeping your skis or snowboard in top shape is an essential part of the skiing process. Lakewood, Colorado-based Christy Sports sells the SKS Ski Tuning Kit for do-it-yourself gear maintenance, and offers a 24-hour turnaround policy on in-store ski and snowboard tunes, mounts and boot fittings.
- A Ski Bag or Duffel Bag. Skiers and snowboarders are often struggling to keep up with their all their gear, and leaving something behind can lead to a pricey last-minute purchase or a cold day on the slopes. A ski bag or duffel bag can help keep your snowboard, skis, poles, boots, helmet, gloves, pants, jacket and accessories all in one place.
- Ski Goggles. New ski goggles are a highly-appreciated gear gift that won’t break the bank. May we recommend a new pair of goggles from Boulder, Colorado-based HEAD?
- Cold-Weather Accessories. While most skiers are stocked up on ski pants and jackets by the holidays, ski accessories can help your loved one stay warm and stylish on the slopes. Denver-based Phunkshun Wear sells headbands, scarves, neck tubes and Ballerclavas® featuring tech applications and USA-milled recycled fiber content.
- Wool Socks. You can never go wrong with a nice, thick pair of wool socks. You can opt for specially-designed ski socks or stick to traditional wool socks, as long as they’re thick enough to keep your Colorado skier’s toes warm in their boots.
Treat Your Loved One to Ski Luxury
Your gift recipient will love the opportunity to kick back and appreciate the finer things in life with these holiday gifts.
- A Weekend Getaway to a Colorado ski resort. While day-tripping, car-camping and “roughing it” can be fun for a ski bum, nothing compares to a weekend stay at a Colorado ski resort. Surprise your loved one with a reservation for a weekend of ski-in ski-out luxury at one of our member resorts.
- A Post-Skiing Massage. Nothing eases the body and mind, alleviates aches and pains and caps off a day of skiing quite like a massage. Watch your skier’s eyes light up when they open this ticket to a day of pampering and luxury.
- Extreme Skiing in Style. While Colorado’s world-class lift-served terrain is enough to keep any skier or rider happy, there’s no adrenaline rush quite like backcountry snow cat and heli-skiing. Treat your holiday gift recipient to the rare opportunity to ski or ride terrain off the beaten path.
No matter which gift you choose for your Colorado skier or rider, we hope you have a happy and powder-filled holiday season.