Choose Your Own Adventure with Morning Uphill Skin, $85 Discounted Lift Tickets, All-Women’s Ski/Snowboard Clinic, Free Woodward Barn Intro Sessions, Mother Daughter Après, No Man’s Land Film Festival, and More
Photo Courtesy of Copper Mountain
To celebrate International Women’s Day, Copper Mountain hosts its first-ever “Ladies’ Snow Day” on Friday, March 8 in the heart of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Copper Mountain invites women and girls of all ages for a day of learning, empowerment and fun - a full day’s worth of engaging programming for females, led by women. Discounted $85 lift tickets will be available for purchase day-of with $5 of each purchase benefitting community partners.
“We're thrilled to be working with great community partners to host this unique event at Copper,” said Dustin Lyman, president and general manager of Copper Mountain. “We're in full support of empowering women in the mountain sports industry and Ladies' Snow Day is the perfect way to do so.”
To further emphasize the importance of community for women and girls, Copper Mountain has joined forces with several non-profit organizations including Boarding for Breast Cancer, SheJumps, The Cycle Effect, The Summit Foundation and SOS Outreach. Volunteers, staff and participants from each organization will join in on the fun throughout the day and encourage attendees to learn more about how their non-profits support the female communities they serve. During the No Man’s Land Film Festival, community organizations will come together indoors to further educate participants and sell raffle tickets to help benefit their missions.
“SOS Outreach is excited to participate in the inaugural Ladies’ Snow Day at Copper! Advocating for females in the snowsports industry is incredibly important in order to grow our sport and lift up individuals who are not commonly recognized,” said Joan Dieter, Colorado regional director for SOS Outreach. “At SOS Outreach, we gear kids up for life by introducing youth who are at-risk to the sports of skiing and snowboarding, positive adult mentors, service learning and leadership development. We can’t wait to include some of our female participants and volunteers in the Ladies’ Snow Day to further support their understanding of leadership, our industry, and the importance of diversifying our sport.”
“The Cycle Effect is excited to be a part of this unique event. We believe that continuing to help mentor and educate young women in the outdoors has lasting effects on the girls and their future families, said Brett Donelson, executive director of the Cycle Effect. “We are honored to work with Copper Mountain and other great partners in helping to make this event a success.”
"B4BC is honored to be invited to the first ever Ladies’ Snow Day, as part of International Women's Day at Copper Mountain,” said Lisa Hudson, co-founder and chairwoman for B4BC. “What a great community event that inspires and impacts women, which is what B4BC believes in. This event really shows why we do what we do; empowering young women to make positive choices that promote lifelong wellness. We can't wait to engage this group of women with early detection education and healthy lifestyle tips.”
In addition to $85 discounted lift tickets to celebrate Ladies’ Snow Day at Copper, the full day’s schedule includes:
- Morning Uphill Skin: Early birds are invited to kick off their day with local mountain patroller, Shauna Bocksch, at 6:30 a.m. in Copper Mountain’s Lower Patrol Room for an all-ladies uphill skin. Participants will be greeted with coffee and breakfast burritos at Solitude Station, located mid-mountain. This activity is free to attend and guests must sign a waiver and provide their own equipment.
- Ski & Ride Clinic for Ladies: Enjoy tips, tricks and a tour of Copper Mountain with two ski/ride clinics led by Copper Mountain Ski & Ride School. For $75, skiers and riders 18+ can enjoy a two-hour session beginning at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Advanced registration is highly encouraged as spots are limited. Participants must be able to comfortably ski or snowboard on advanced green terrain. For beginners, Copper’s Ski & Ride School is offering 50% off adult group lessons valid March 8 only. Register for a clinic by calling 970-968-3023.
- Free Intro Sessions for Ladies at Woodward Barn: Throughout the day, join a Woodward coach for a free two-hour Intro Session in the Woodward Copper Barn, a 19,400 sq. ft. indoor facility featuring trampolines, foam pits, jumps and more. Take your ski and ride skills to the next level with Woodward Copper’s ParkSki and ParkBoard training offered as part of the Intro Session.
- Mother Daughter Après at Downhill Duke’s: From 3:30-5 p.m., enjoy a special menu procured by Downhill Duke’s chefs and bartenders for a true Colorado après ski.
- No Man’s Land Film Festival: At 5 p.m., attendees are encouraged to make their way indoors to learn more about each participating non-profit, purchase raffle tickets, and settle in for a panel discussion featuring movers and shakers in the community. A raffle drawing will take place following the panel with all proceeds from ticket sales donated to the non-profit partners. At 6:15 p.m., the Colorado-based all-women film adventure festival makes its debut at Copper Mountain. This 90-minute collection of short films features women-identified athletes, storytellers and creative who find inspiration and motivation through winter adventure, sport and film. The panel discussion and No Man’s Land Film Festival is free to attend, however a suggested donation of $10 is highly encouraged. Raffle tickets are 1 for $3, 2 for $5 or an arm’s length for $20.
- Late Night Mixology at Toast & Co.: For those looking to make it a ladies night, Toast & Co. will be offering specials from 8-10 p.m. featuring a Build Your Own Margarita menu, prosecco cocktails and more.
For a full schedule of activities and events as part of Ladies’ Snow Day at Copper, visit coppercolorado.com.