Colorado’s Grand Mesa, the world’s largest flat-top mountain, may just be the perfect place to bask in autumn’s golden glow. Powderhorn Mountain Resort, nestled on the edge of the Grand Mesa, is making the most of this incredible location on Sept. 30 for its signature Color Sunday event.
Amidst hundreds of acres of gleaming yellow aspen trees and offering scenic lift rides, mountain biking, wine tastings, painting classes, live music, and more, this should hit the top of every leaf peeper’s fall calendar.
- The Palette painting classes
- Three wineries offering tastings:
- Chance to win a helicopter tour of Powderhorn and the Grand Mesa from Care Flight.
- Want to make a weekend of it? Bike Like a Girl offers its final session on Saturday, Sept. 29. Designed and taught by women, ladies improve their biking skills in a supportive and fun environment. Make it a girls’ weekend, and stay for Color Sunday!
Color Sunday Schedule:
- 10 a.m.: Flat Top Flyer opens for scenic lift rides & downhill mountain biking
- 1-3 p.m.: The Palette painting classes
- 2:30-5 p.m.: Live music by local band Stray Grass
- 4 p.m.: Flat Top Flyer closes
Lift tickets available for $12 and free for children 12 and under.
September 30 is the final day to purchase a MISSION: AFFORDABLE 18/19 Winter Season Pass at summer rates.