First Frost is an exclusive event benefiting the Colorado Avalanche Information Center and the Denver Press Club. The event is scheduled for October 30th, 2015, 6:30pm 11:00pm and is being held at the historic Denver press club, 1330 Glenarm Place, Denver, Colorado.
The Denver Press Clubs historic bar and facilities provide the ideal venue for First Frost, and the Clubs 400+ membership roster includes many of Denvers leading journalists and media professionals.
An important element of this evening is the First Frost Image Experience, a photo contest that showcases the best winter images from Colorado-based photographers.
Photo Contest Information:
First frost is open to all Colorado-based photographers, professional and amateur. Subject matter must be Winter in Colorado. All action sports, lifestyle, landscape or other winter photography is eligible.
Photographers may submit a maximum of three images. Finalists will be invited to showcase their images at the First Frost Image Experience as well as be eligible for the grand prize (TBA).
A jury headed by Keri Bascetta, Director of Photography for Ski and Skiing Magazines, will select finalists and name the grand prize winner.
Contest submission guidelines:
* There is no charge to enter the contest.
* Photographers must be residents of Colorado.
* Subject matter must be Winter in Colorado
* A maximum of 3 images total per photographer.
* Attach your entry form with your submission.
* Jpg file format only, please
* The submission period is from September 7th to October 2nd, 2015. No submissions will be accepted prior to September 7th and all submissions are due no later than 5pm local time, October 2, 2015.
* Artists MUST title their jpeg entries with their last name and first initial first, for example: SmithJ_title.jpg. Improperly titled jpegs will not be accepted.
* Jpegs should not exceed 2.5MB in size and 1,000 pixels on the longest dimension.
* Enter jpegs via email to email@example.com, email subject title: First Frost Image Experience.
* The jury will choose Finalists, who will be eligible for the grand prize by displaying their work at the First Frost event on October 30th at the Denver Press Club.
* To be eligible for the grand prize, finalists must have their work printed, framed and ready for display no later than October 29, 2015. There will be an opportunity to drop off finalist images at the Press Club on October 29th and again the morning of October 30. Details will be provided to finalists.
* The jury reserves the right to reject any material they deem offensive or which is not submitted in accordance with these guidelines.
* Finalist image selection for the First Frost exhibition will be announced to photographers no later than October 16th, 5pm local time.