Aspen/Snowmass recently announced an enhanced format for the eighth year of The Meeting in Aspen, Colo., September 27-29, 2012. In addition to the screening of the top new ski and snowboard movies, the event includes live music and parties and the chance to connect with industry influencers and friends to kick off the season. The Meeting also features a list of noteworthy presenters and seminars on broad topics within the industry from branding to content distribution. The registration fee for The Meeting is $250 per person, which includes all of the panels, movies, activities, music and parties.
This year marks a serious evolution in The Meeting, says Deric Gunshor, Senior Event Marketing Manager, Aspen Skiing Company. In 2012, The Meeting sessions will expand beyond action sports and feature a powerful lineup of presenters with knowledge and experience in snowsports and beyond. The Meeting has grown immensely over its eight year history and we are excited to take this revered influencer event to the next level.
There will be three panels on Friday, September 28 regarding a range of topics including branding, content, distribution, online activation and more. The following panelists are confirmed and more speakers will be announced soon.
- Chase Jarvis Visionary photographer, director, and fine artist with a consistent ambition to break down the barriers between new - and traditional media, fine - and commercial art. www.chasejarvis.com
- Robert Scoble The webs most influential gear and tech blogger. Hes a gadget lover, a technology savant, a Silicon Valley insider and author. www.scobleizer.com
- Scott Mellin Founder and CEO of Factory Design Labs. www.factorylabs.com
- Alex Hillinger A lover of all things creative, Alex collaborates with designers, artists, filmmakers, scientists and entrepreneurs with an aim to make positive changes in the world. www.goodchemistry.com
- Danny Grant As General Manager of The Orchard Sports, Danny works directly with filmmakers and brands to help syndicate and monetize their premium content worldwide. www.theorchard.com
- Gary Arndt Independent travel writer, photographer and speaker. Gary is also measured as the web's most influential independent travel writer via Klout. www.everything-everywhere.com
- Greg Lucia Director of Brand Integration of Saatchi & Saatchi. www.saatchi.com
registration and tickets:
Registration for The Meeting is now live at www.aspensnowmass.com/meetingreg.
Tickets to movies at the Wheeler Opera House and Sundeck on Aspen Mountain will be sold separately through the Wheeler Opera House box office starting the first week of September. Tickets for music and movies at the Belly Up Aspen are currently available. These tickets can be bought individually by the public not wishing to participate in the industry panels and activities.
This years feature films include: Matchstick Productions, Superheroes of Stoke, Teton Gravity Research, The Dream Factory, Poor Boyz Productions, WE: A Collection of Individuals, Level 1, Sunny, Voleurz, Kill Your Boredom, Teton Gravity Research, Further, Burton, 13, Given, Too, and Pirate Movie Productions, Unique8.
The complete film and event schedule will be announced soon.
Stephen Marley will rock the Belly Up Aspen on Friday, September 28 and the worlds greatest Pink Floyd show, Brit Floyd, will play in Aspen for the first time on Saturday, September 29.
The Limelight Hotel will once again be the official headquarters for The Meeting. A special $198.25/night room rate is available for guests of the event. To book, call 1-800-433-0832 and reference The Meeting.
Video & Photos:
Follow @AspenSnowmass on twitter for all the latest updates. Please note the official hashtag of event: #TheMeeting8. To check out everything that went down at The Meeting 7 last year click here: https://vimeo.com/30143512 or visit http://ow.ly/dbxrf for photos.
The Meeting is sponsored by Bud Light, Helly Hansen, Red Bull, Target and Muscle Milk.